DRIVING LESSONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER
1. All new pupils must provide both parts of the UK provisional licence on the first lesson.
2. The instructor will behave in a professional manner towards all pupils as per The Driving Standards Agency Code of Driving Instructors.
3. The instructor will provide a vehicle fitted with dual controls, and the learner driver livery, that is fully taxed and insured.
4. Prices correct as of 10thJuly 2015.
5. Lessons will be on a one to one basis, unless otherwise agreed by all parties.
6. Lessons will commence and finish at a location agreed by both pupil and instructor for each lesson in advance.
7. Until the instructor determines that the pupil’s skill level enables them to drive safely from the starting location, the instructor will drive the pupil to a safe location. The time taken to do this will be part of the lesson time.
1. Angry and aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated in the car at any time. Any such behaviour will result in the lesson being stopped, and the pupil will be dropped off immediately. Pupil will be charged for the full lesson.
2. Any pupils suspected of being under the influence of alcohol, illegal substances or drugs (prescribed or otherwise) when their judgment and responses may be impaired, will be dropped off immediately. Pupil will be charged for the full lesson, and this will not be refunded.
3. Any changes to pick up/drop off points should be arranged 24 hours prior to the lesson. Any extra travel time will be part of the lesson time.
4. Pupils who require tuition in their own vehicle (eg. Pass plus/refresher lessons) must supply evidence that their vehicle is taxed, MOT’d and insured.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
1. 48 hours notice of cancellation must be given at all times or the full charge of a lesson will be applied.
2. If the instructor cancels the lesson due to either illness, mechanical fault or unforeseen circumstances out of their control you will be offered an alternative time, either for the same day or on an alternative date and time, suitable to both parties within the same week. If a date and time cannot be arranged for the same week, one will be arranged for the following week.
3. The instructor cannot be held responsible for cancelled lessons due to bad weather.
4. In the event that the pupil does not show for the lesson, the instructor will wait 15 minutes before leaving. The lesson will be presumed cancelled and the pupil must pay the full cost of the lesson.
If you are entitled to a refund, any lessons that have already been taken including lessons cancelled at short notice will be charged, at the standard rate of £22.00 per hour, and a cheque will be sent to you for the difference, usually within 4 working days.
BLOCK BOOKING PACKAGES
After purchasing a ‘Block Booking Package’ entitling the holder to driving lessons with Pass4Sure Driving School, the pupils can commence lessons within 7 days. All block booking packages have an expiry date of 3 months from the time of purchase to ensure availability, and lessons must commence before the expiry date. All block booking packages must be completed within 6 months of purchase date. No refunds will be given. Once you are ready to book your first lesson, please telephone Paul. Your lessons can be taken by the hour, 1 ½ hours or 2 hours at a time.
Gift vouchers should be treated like cash. It cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. A gift voucher cannot be returned for cash. Gift vouchers which are defaced altered or cancelled will not be accepted. Gift vouchers are only valid for 6 months from issue date and redeemable with Pass4sure School of Motoring !!
THE DRIVING TEST DAY
1. When attending a driving test, a minimum of 2 hours will be required and, therefore, a two hour lesson fee will be charged to accommodate the use of the learner vehicle for test.
2. The instructor is not responsible for tests cancelled by the DSA due to strike action or road conditions in bad weather. The lesson fee for the full lesson will still be chargeable. Your instructor will advise you as to whether, and how to, claim back from the DSA.
3. The instructor will book your test. At that time the pupil is responsible for submitting, to the instructor, the appropriate documents, ie, both parts of their licence and theory pass certificate. These will be returned to the pupil in the next subsequent lesson, with a note of the date and time of the test.
4. If a pupil fails to take regular lessons between a test being booked and the test date, the instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of the learner vehicle for driving test purposes. 5. The instructor reserves the right to withdraw the use of the learner vehicle for driving test if the instructor deems the pupil is not ready for the test and it would, therefore, be unsafe for the pupil, examiner or other road users if he/she were to sit their test.